The Central Oregon Nordic Club enhances the experience of backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and hiking in Central Oregon by:
- Organizing volunteers to maintain winter trails (diamonds, signs, brushing)
- Organizing outings for ski touring, snowshoeing & hiking
- Posting trail maps at Sno-Parks
- Advocating for protection of the backcountry experience
- Constructing and maintaining shelters
- Stocking shelters with firewood
- Teaching Nordic skiing skills for members
- Organizing annual social events for member
Meet the Board:
At-Large Board Members:
Glenn Van Cise
Kelly Cleman, Gary Elnan, John Fertig, Linda Frost, Warren Preston
CONC is a chapter of the Oregon Nordic Club, which encourages and promotes Nordic and other outdoor activities throughout Oregon and adjoining border areas. ONC has thousands of members and 11 local chapters located throughout the state. ONC has a strong public, social, economic, and political voice and impact on Nordic issues, resources, and facilities.
The Central Oregon Nordic Club is pleased to be the recipient of grant funds from the Deschutes Trails Coalition and the Bend Sustainability Fund in support of new and re-routed ski and snowshoe trails, improved signage, and better information at trailheads to make the trail experience better for all. Thank you!